8 weeks of homework, practice, or intervention to improve preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or second grade students’ nonsense word reading fluency. This is Segmenting & Blending Fluency Level F. → Save $$ by purchasing this set as part of the Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle. ←
What does Level F segmenting & blending look like?
• 3-6 letter (CVC, CCVC, CVCC, CCVCC) words
• cumulative review of all previous weeks
• students continue practicing short phrases to build appropriate phrasing skills
• good practice for students who can decode accurately, but need to work on increasing their words-per-minute rate
Day 1 – students practice reading words. Then they match words to pictures.
Day 2– students practice reading words. Then they change a letter in a word to make a new word.
Day 3– students read a larger group of words. Then they use what they know about a word to spell a new word (with picture support).
Day 4– students practice reading short phrases. Then students write (sort) the names of a few pictures by vowel sound.
Note: To avoid parent frustration, every activity includes a picture key.
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading words (or short phrases) for the day and then complete a quick task to help strengthen phonemic skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
• 2 pages (copy double sided)
• 4 days of word & phrase reading and phonemic skill building tasks
• Parent Tip
Segmenting & Reading Fluency Level F:
• 8 weeks segmenting & blending fluency – different vowel word families – review of all previous levels
Other Fluency Beginning Bundles:
• Letter Name Fluency Bundle
• Letter Sound Fluency Bundle
• Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle (contains this set)
• Kindergarten Fluency Homework bundle (contains a small amount of segmenting & blending practice)
• First Grade Fluency Homework bundle
• Second Grade Fluency Homework bundle