12 weeks of homework, practice, or intervention to improve preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or second grade students’ nonsense word reading fluency. This is Segmenting & Blending Fluency Level D.→ Save $$ by purchasing this set as part of the Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle. ←
What does Level D segmenting & blending look like?
• 3-5 letter (CVC, CCVC, CVCC) words
• beginning blends and digraphs
• ending digraphs (-ck, -ll, -ss, -ff)
• students continue practicing short phrases to build appropriate phrasing skills
Day 1 – students practice blending the sounds in words including some from mixed vowel word families with either ending or beginning digraphs and blends. Then they match words and pictures.
Day 2– students practice blending the sounds in words including some from mixed vowel word families with either ending or beginning digraphs and blends. Then they match words and pictures.
Day 3– students blend a larger group of words from mixed vowel word families with either ending or beginning digraphs and blends. Then they write the missing letters from words.
Day 4– students practice reading short phrases. Then students write (sort) the names of a few pictures by vowel, digraph, or blends sounds.
Note: To avoid parent frustration, every activity includes a picture key.
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading words (or short phrases) for the day and then complete a quick task to help strengthen phonemic skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
• 2 pages (copy double sided)
• 4 days of word & phrase reading and phonemic skill building tasks
• Parent Tip
Segmenting & Reading Fluency Level D:
• 12 weeks segmenting & blending fluency – end blends & digraphs -ck, -ll, -ff, and beginning digraphs and blends
Other Fluency Beginning Bundles:
• Letter Name Fluency Bundle
• Letter Sound Fluency Bundle
• Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle (contains this set)
• Kindergarten Fluency Homework bundle (contains a small amount of segmenting & blending practice)
• First Grade Fluency Homework bundle
• Second Grade Fluency Homework bundle