4 weeks of homework, practice, or intervention to improve preschool, kindergarten, or first grade students’ letter sound fluency. This is Letter Sound Fluency Level C Set 1.
What does Level C letter sound fluency look like?
student knows at least 24 single letter sounds, but 3 or fewer beginning digraphs
- 4 weeks
- introduce and then review 4 common consonant digraphs (sh, ch, th, wh)
- continue sound blending practice
- 4 different letter sound activities a week
Day 1 – students either practice a new digraph or review a list of known digraphs. Then they choose which pictures in a group that begin with a certain letter digraph.
Day 2– students either practice a new digraph or review a list of known digraphs. Then they choose the digraph that makes the beginning sound of each picture.
Day 3– students practice blending digraph sounds together. Then they choose whether a certain digraph sound comes at the beginning or end of a word.
Day 4– students read a list 6 digraphs. Then they write the beginning digraph sound of two pictures that begin with the same sound.
Note: To avoid parent frustration, every activity includes a picture key.
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice identifying letter sounds or practice blending sounds together for the day and then complete a quick task to help letter sound fluency skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
- 2 pages (copy double sided)
- 4 days of letter sound fluency skill building tasks
- Parent Tip
Letter Sound Fluency Level C Set 1:
- 4 weeks letter sound fluency practice — student knows at least 24 single letter sounds, but 3 or fewer beginning digraphs
Other Fluency Beginning Bundles:
• Letter Name Fluency Bundle
• Letter Sound Fluency Bundle (contains this set)
• Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle
• Kindergarten Fluency Homework bundle (contains a small amount of letter sound fluency practice)
• First Grade Fluency Homework bundle
• Second Grade Fluency Homework bundle
You might also like...
Letter Sound Consonant Digraph Fluency Practice Level C Set 1