I thought it would be nice to have all the Words Their Way resources in one post. I'm also including a link to the sort sequences that I use to organize my binder.
- The R-Express (r blends)
- Welcome to the Neighborhood (short e,o,a word families)
- Cops & Robbers (short vowels)
- Terrific Teeth (ch, th, sh, wh)
- Reindeer Feed (short/long vowel sounds)
For the Within Word Pattern stage there's:
Syllables and Affixes:
- Ghosts in the Cemetery (sounds of c and g)
- Bonkers — FREE DOWNLOAD –(review of vowel patterns in 1 syllable words)
- Smack Down — FREE DOWNLAOD — (vcv and vccv patterns)
Let me know if there's something you'd like to know more about or a part of Words Their Way you're struggling with. I'm by no means an expert, but I've been doing this long enough that maybe I have a tip or two.
Word Play Phonics & Chunk Spelling
Get one week of comprehensive phonics & spelling instruction and resources FREE for both 1st grade and 2nd grade.