8 weeks of homework, practice, or intervention to improve preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or second grade students’ segmenting & blending fluency. This is Segmenting & Blending Fluency Level C Set 2.
What does Level C Segmenting & Blending look like?
- 3 letter CVC words
- all spelling patterns together
- students continue practicing short phrases to build appropriate phrasing skills
Day 1 – students practice blending the sounds in words from mixed vowel CVC word families. Then they match words and pictures.
Day 2– students practice blending the sounds in words from mixed vowel CVC word families. Then they match words and pictures.
Day 3– students blend a larger group of words from mixed vowel CVC word families. Then they write the missing letters from words.
Day 4– students practice reading short phrases. Then students write (sort) the names of a few pictures into the correct word family.
Note: To avoid parent frustration, every activity includes a picture key.
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading the CVC words (or short phrases) for the day and then complete a quick task to help strengthen phonemic skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
- 2 pages (copy double sided)
- 4 days of word & phrase reading and phonemic skill building tasks
- Parent Tip
Letter Sound Fluency Level C Set 2:
- 8 weeks segmenting & blending fluency – mixed vowel CVC word families
Other Fluency Beginning Bundles:
• Letter Name Fluency Bundle
• Letter Sound Fluency Bundle
• Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle (contains this set)
• Kindergarten Fluency Homework bundle
• First Grade Fluency Homework bundle
• Second Grade Fluency Homework bundle