10 weeks of homework, practice, or intervention to improve preschool, kindergarten, or first grade students’ letter sound fluency. This is Letter Sound Fluency Level D Set 1. → Save $$ by purchasing this set as part of the Letter Sound Fluency Bundle. ←
What does Level D letter sound fluency look like?
student knows 24-26 single letter sounds, at least 3 beginning digraphs, but fewer than 15 beginning consonant blends
• 10 weeks
• introduce 2 new consonant blends a week
• then review previously introduced consonant blends
• continue sound blending practice
• 4 different letter sound activities a week
Students who know 16 or more beginning blends are ready to work on Segmenting & Blending Fluency practice.
Day 1 – students practice a new consonant blend. Then they choose which pictures in a group begin with that blend.
Day 2– students practice a new consonant blend. Then they choose which pictures in a group begin with that blend.
Day 3– students practice blending consonant blends into short vowel words. Then they choose whether a certain blend sound comes at the beginning or end of a word.
Day 4– students read a list 6 blends. Then they write the beginning blend sound of two pictures that begin with the same sound.
Note: To avoid parent frustration, every activity includes a picture key.
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice identifying letter sounds or practice blending sounds together for the day and then complete a quick task to help letter sound fluency skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
• 2 pages (copy double sided)
• 4 days of letter sound fluency skill building tasks
• Parent Tip
Letter Sound Fluency Level D Set 1:
• 10 weeks letter sound fluency practice — student knows 24-26 single letter sounds, at least 3 beginning digraphs, but fewer than 15 beginning consonant blends
Other Fluency Beginning Bundles:
• Letter Name Fluency Bundle
• Letter Sound Fluency Bundle (contains this set)
• Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle
• Kindergarten Fluency Homework bundle (contains a small amount of letter sound fluency practice)
• First Grade Fluency Homework bundle
• Second Grade Fluency Homework bundle