Recently the daughter of my dear friend had to undergo surgery and has had to take it easy at home while she recovers. I was really feeling for her (and her mother!) trying to fill the long days at home and I wanted to do something fun for her.
I decided to make her a “Get Better Bag.” I got a blank tote bag from Hobby Lobby and use my Silhouette Cameo to make a stencil out of vinyl. If I were to do it again I think I’d try freezer paper because the paint bled around the edges of the stencil a bit. I painted her name on with the stencil and fabric paint and a short, stiff brush. It was super easy and I really want to try some more fabric stencils soon.
- ABC City game (with needed markers and dice)
- Valentine Busy Bag
- Play Dough mats + play dough (I didn’t have time to laminate so covered with packing tape. Worked great!)
- Hello Kitty notebook, stamps
- Mini chalkboard (chalkboard paint on cardboard) + chalk
- Sarah Jane Studios paper dolls
- Some scrapbook paper + mini album for crafting
- And then I threw in some extra busy bags leftover from our exchange (the colored pasta sort, squishy balloons, etc.)
I put each activity into a seperate ziplock bag so she could play with one at a time. She really seemed to enjoy the activities and her mom said she’s played with them all. More than anything it sounds like she’s in love with her personalized name bag. Who wouldn’t love that?
I think this would be a great way to gift some busy bags or rotate busy bag activities for your child as well.