I thought it would be nice to have all the Words Their Way resources in one post. I'm also including a link to the sort sequences that I use to organize my binder.
Letter Name Alphabetic sorts
Within Word Pattern sorts
Syllables and Affixes sorts
At the bottom of each "unit" (?) I listed the games I use to reinforce those concepts. Some of the games are in our Etsy shop.
For the Letter/Name Alphabetic stage, we have:
- The R-Express (r blends)
- Welcome to the Neighborhood (short e,o,a word families)
- Cops & Robbers (short vowels)
- Terrific Teeth (ch, th, sh, wh)
- Reindeer Feed (short/long vowel sounds)
For the Within Word Pattern stage there's:
Syllables and Affixes:
- Ghosts in the Cemetery (sounds of c and g)
- Bonkers -- FREE DOWNLOAD --(review of vowel patterns in 1 syllable words)
- Smack Down -- FREE DOWNLAOD -- (vcv and vccv patterns)
I give this form for students to take the assessment.
And this form to record their scores.
I keep track of my groups in this book.
There's also a cover here.
If you missed the earlier series on Words Their Way, here are the links.
1. Words Their Way Overview
3. Organization (Part 2)
4. Word Study
Let me know if there's something you'd like to know more about or a part of Words Their Way you're struggling with. I'm by no means an expert, but I've been doing this long enough that maybe I have a tip or two.