4 weeks of homework or intervention to improve second and third grade students’ reading fluency. This is Level L Set 2. Estimated levels: Guided Reading L, DRA 24, Lexile 580 This set contains 2 fiction perspectives of the same fable (The Tortoise and the Hare) to give students experience with different perspectives. The set also contains 2 non-fiction passages comparing tortoise and turtles, and hares and rabbits.
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading the assignment for the day and then complete a quick close reading activity to help strengthen skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
- 2 pages (copy double sided)
- 1 leveled passage for daily reading (alternating fiction and non-fiction each week)
- 4 days of short close reading activities
- Parent Tip
- Alternate question page with multiple choice close reading questions
- Answer Key for multiple choice questions
- NEW: Now includes digital versions for Google Slides (annotation + open ended questions) and for Google Forms (multiple choice/short answer questions)
Leveled Reading Fluency Passages:
- 4 weeks reading level L (Set 2)