4 weeks of homework or intervention to improve first and second grade students’ reading fluency. This is Level I Set 2. Estimated levels: Guided Reading I, DRA 16, Lexile 480.
What does Level I look like?
- several sentences longer than 10 words
- prepositional phrases, adjectives, and clauses
- abstract themes supported by the text and illustrations
- stories that require inference
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading the assignment for the day and then complete a quick close reading activity to help strengthen skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
- 2 pages (copy double sided)
- 1 leveled passage for daily reading (alternating fiction and non-fiction each week)
- 4 days of short close reading activities
- Parent Tips
- NEW FEATURE: alternate question page each week with multiple choice close reading questions + key
Leveled Reading Fluency Passages:
- 4 weeks reading level I (Set 2)