Want to know the secret to surviving the last few weeks of school? THEME DAYS!
A theme day is just what it sounds like. We have learning activities (and, okay, a couple fun activities) organized around a theme. The novelty of a theme is what makes it so successful.
We call these our D.L.I.T.E Days. D.L.I.T.E stands for Differentiated Learning and Integrated Theme Experience.
This resource includes you need for a themed day of Camping fun! Your class will love these hands-on, differentiated activities for the end of year. Differentiated activities are geared for grades 1-3.
Our camp themed DLITE celebration includes:
• Differentiated NO-PREP math and literacy student work packets (28 total pages, 3 different levels) that include leveled practice in plural nouns, contractions, shades of meaning, inflectional endings, telling time, greater than/less than comparisons, addition, graphing, camp fun, and more!
• A differentiated around the room review activity. Students can use flashlights to search the room for questions. 3 levels of questions included.
• A quick quiz to let you know how your students are doing with the topics reviewed in these activities. 3 levels of quizzes included.
• Camp themed brain breaks – 12 activities to get your students refocused, recharged, and refreshed (includes color version and B&W easy cut version)
• Camp close reading comprehension passage – 3 differentiated informational passages and questions about our favorite camping treat: s’mores!
• Campfire Story Writing: graphic organizer, lesson helps, and writing papers for a fun campfire story themed writing activity.
• Camp Learn-a-Lot sign to decorate your classroom and welcome your students to a learning celebration.
• Teacher’s Guide + Answer Key: 11 pages with details and instructions for each activity, suggestions and tips, examples, and answer keys for every student page.
The majority of these activities can be done with little prep and few supplies that you don’t already have on hand! Print and go for an incredible review day or themed week of fun!
→Download preview to see more!←
Topics reviewed in this set:
• inflectional endings
• plural nouns
• shades of meaning
• addition (up to 3 digit)
• bar graphs
• time to the hour, half hour, five minutes, and elapsed time