4th Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash GROWING BUNDLE! This is an 18 week bundle of seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for the seasons in 4th Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this growing seasonal bundle.
This is a SEASONAL ADD-ON to our 4th Grade Fluency in a Flash bundle.
Please note: You MUST have PowerPoint on a desktop device to use this resource. It is NOT compatible with Google Slides, Keynote, or Powerpoint for Ipad. This resource is digital only and is not designed to be printed. The files will open directly into Powerpoint show mode to protect the complicated animations and links.
Want to know if Fluency in a Flash is right for your class? Click here to download a FREE 1 week sample of 4th Grade Fluency in a Flash!
Need more fluency resources for 4th grade? You may also be interested in our companion resource: 4th Grade Fluency in a Flash Bundle (Non Seasonal) and 4th Grade Fluency Passages and Comprehension Questions
What is Fluency in a Flash?
Fluency in a Flash is a brief, targeted routine for practicing reading fluency daily. Each day of the week focuses on a specific fluency skill and can be completed in 2 or 3 minutes.
Simply project the day’s lesson on your board (PowerPoint required!) and guide your students through the activity. Offer feedback on how they’re reading and, if time allows, give them the opportunity to complete an extension activity and self-assess their reading fluency.
At the end of each day, we also offer a quick optional extension practice activity and opportunity for students to self-assess how well they used the components of fluent reading.
We also include a paper-free teachers guide that can be easily accessed within the file as needed.
What does a week of 4th Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash look like?
- Monday – Syllable Segments: Students work with multi-syllable words to practice the word attack strategies of segmenting and blending.
- Tuesday – What a Character: Students practice reading a short seasonal poem as a real-life opportunity to practice good phrasing and expression. They also have the opportunity to practice reading as different characters to make this fluency practice extra fun. You can practice with up to 3 different characters per week!
- Wednesday – Watch Your Tone: Students practice reading the same sentence using tones that match different settings. This helps them focus on the subtler aspects of expressive reading.
- Thursday – Crazy Conversations: Students create a conversation where the words are nonsense, but they must use the punctuation cues to add meaning to what they’re saying.
- Friday – Riddles: Fluency and inferencing skills are applied as students practicing reading—and then solving—seasonal riddles.
What does 4th Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash GROWING BUNDLE contain?
4th Grade Seasonal Fluency in a Flash is a GROWING BUNDLE that will eventually contain 18 weeks (2 per holiday/season) of seasonal fluency PowerPoint mini-lessons.
Currently included in 4th Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash GROWING BUNDLE:
- 4th Grade Christmas Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 4th Grade Winter Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 4th Grade Valentine’s Day Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 4th Grade St. Patrick’s Day Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 4th Grade Spring Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 4th Grade Easter Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 4th Grade Fall Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks) – coming by 9/01/19!
- 4th Grade Halloween Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks) – coming by 10/01/19!
- 4th Grade Thanksgiving Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks) – coming by 11/01/19!
Looking for more Fluency resources? Check out all our fluency resources.
Connect with us! • • • •