3rd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash Bundle! This is an 18 week bundle of seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for the seasons in 3rd Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this seasonal bundle.
This is a SEASONAL ADD-ON to our 3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash bundle.
Please note: You MUST have PowerPoint on a desktop device to use this resource. It is NOT compatible with Google Slides, Keynote, or Powerpoint for Ipad. This resource is digital only and is not designed to be printed. The files will open directly into Powerpoint show mode to protect the complicated animations and links.
Want to know if Fluency in a Flash is right for your class? Click here to download a FREE 1 week sample of 3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash!
Need more fluency resources for 3rd grade? You may also be interested in our companion resource: 3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash Bundle (Non Seasonal) and 3rd Grade Fluency Passages and Comprehension Questions
What is Fluency in a Flash?
Fluency in a Flash is a brief, targeted routine for practicing reading fluency daily. Each day of the week focuses on a specific fluency skill and can be completed in 2 or 3 minutes.
Simply project the day’s lesson on your board (PowerPoint required!) and guide your students through the activity. Offer feedback on how they’re reading and, if time allows, give them the opportunity to complete an extension activity and self-assess their reading fluency.
At the end of each day, we also offer a quick optional extension practice activity and opportunity for students to self-assess how well they used the components of fluent reading.
We also include a paper-free teachers guide that can be easily accessed within the file as needed.
What does a week of 3rd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash look like?
- Monday – Syllable Segments: Students work with multi-syllable words to practice the word attack strategies of segmenting and blending.
- Tuesday – What a Character: Students practice reading a short seasonal poem as a real-life opportunity to practice good phrasing and expression. They also have the opportunity to practice reading as different characters to make this fluency practice extra fun. You can practice with up to 3 different characters per week!
- Wednesday – Watch Your Tone: Students practice reading the same sentence using tones that match different settings. This helps them focus on the subtler aspects of expressive reading.
- Thursday – Crazy Conversations: Students create a conversation where the words are nonsense, but they must use the punctuation cues to add meaning to what they’re saying.
- Friday – Riddles: Fluency and inferencing skills are applied as students practicing reading—and then solving—seasonal riddles.
What does 3rd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash Bundle contain?
3rd Grade Seasonal Fluency in a Flash is a Bundle that contains 18 weeks (2 per holiday/season) of seasonal fluency PowerPoint mini-lessons.
Currently included in 3rd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash Bundle:
- 3rd Grade Christmas Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade Winter Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade Valentine's Day Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade St. Patrick's Day Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade Spring Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade Easter Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade Back to School Fluency in a Flash (1 week) BONUS!
- 3rd Grade Fall Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade Halloween Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
- 3rd Grade Thanksgiving Fluency in a Flash (2 weeks)
Looking for more Fluency resources? Check out all our fluency resources.
Connect with us! • • • •
You might also like...
3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash SEASONAL bundle • Digital Mini Lessons