Spring Seasonal Fluency in a Flash bundle! This is a 6 week set of seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for Spring in 1st Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this seasonal bundle.
This is a SEASONAL ADD-ON to our 1st Grade Fluency in a Flash bundle.
Please note: You MUST have PowerPoint on a desktop device to use this resource. It is NOT compatible with Google Slides or Powerpoint for iPad. This resource is digital only and is not designed to be printed. The files will open directly into Powerpoint show mode to protect the complicated animations and links.
Save more $$ by purchasing these resources in the 1st Grade Seasonal Fluency in a Flash Bundle
What is Fluency in a Flash?
Fluency in a Flash is a brief, targeted routine for practicing reading fluency daily. Each day of the week focuses on a specific fluency skill and can be completed in 2 or 3 minutes.
Simply project the day’s lesson on your board (PowerPoint re and guide your students through the activity. Offer feedback on how they’re reading and, if time allows, give them the opportunity to complete an extension activity and self-assess their reading fluency.
At the end of each day, we also offer a quick optional practice activity and an opportunity for students to self-assess how well they used the components of fluent reading.
We also include a paper-free teachers guide that can be easily accessed within the file as needed.
What does a week of 1st Grade SPRING Fluency in a Flash look like?
- Monday – Syllable Segments: Students work with multi-syllable words to practice the word attack strategies of segmenting and blending.
- Tuesday – What a Character: Students practice reading a short seasonal poem as a real-life opportunity to practice good phrasing and expression. They also have the opportunity to practice reading as different characters to make this fluency practice extra fun. You can practice with up to 3 different characters per week!
- Wednesday – Watch Your Tone: Students practice reading the same sentence using tones that match different settings. This helps them focus on the subtler aspects of expressive reading.
- Thursday – Crazy Conversations: Students create a conversation where the words are nonsense, but they must use the punctuation cues to add meaning to what they’re saying.
- Friday – Riddles: Fluency and inferencing skills are applied as students practicing reading—and then solving—seasonal riddles.
What does 1st Grade Spring Fluency in a Flash Bundle contain?
1st Grade Spring Fluency in a Flash is a bundle containing 6 weeks of spring themed fluency PowerPoint mini-lessons.
1st Grade Spring Bundle includes:
- Week 1: St. Patrick’s Day
- Week 2: St. Patrick’s Day
- Week 3: Spring
- Week 4: Spring
- Week 5: Easter
- Week 6: Easter
Looking for more Fluency resources? Check out all our fluency resources.