Get 1 FREE WEEK of our 1st Grade Word Play Phonics & Spelling Curriculum! Give it a try in your class and see for yourself why teachers love Word Play Phonics.
→ Ready to check out the full bundle? Click here for the full 1st Grade Word Play Phonics & Spelling Curriculum! ←
Each sample week includes:
• 3 levels of differentiated word sorts: includes word sort, weekly lesson, teacher sort for modeling, and spelling rules chart
• Custom-designed phonics game (in color and black and white): includes game, teacher instructions, and visual student guide
• Chunk spelling & homework: includes hands on word building materials, spelling homework, photo helps
• Original word family poem (in color and black and white): includes daily lesson plan, interactive writing activity, sight word practice, visualizing activity, sequencing literacy centers, fluency & reading comprehension task cards and more
• Daily phonics and word study lessons: 5-day lesson plans with spelling lessons, poetry lessons, daily decoding routine, twiceweekly whole-group phonics lessons
What are teachers saying about Word Play Phonics?
“I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the whole program. You’ve really “hit the nail on the head” as they say, with differentiation, developmentally appropriate lessons, gradual release of responsibility, working on stamina and accountability. I LOVE it. I’m so grateful for all the hard work you have done. You are truly rockstars!” – Shannon, 2nd grade teacher
“This program is incredibly comprehensive and well thought out. I’m amazed at the level of detail and it’s worth every penny. I’m excited to implement chunk spelling this year and feel so much more confident starting it with this amazing curriculum by my side.” – Rachel, 1st grade teacher
“After doing Words Their Way and then running into your Word Study Curriculum, I am delighted. You have added the missing pieces of spelling. My kiddos have had a great time with the sorts and now the chunks. They love the poems and can hardly wait for the next weeks activities. Thank you so much for sharing such an outstanding resource!” – Tami, 2nd grade teacher